...And It Might Be!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Speaking of friend that help you get through...


Since yesterday was the subject of friends who help you through (and put up with you at your worst, meanest teenage self), I will continue along those lines.

Before I go into this story, I want to tell you this. Once a while back, my husband told me that his main goal was to be relentlessly kind to me! It was so nice, and so true! And I thought, wow! I cannot believe anyone wants to be relentlessly nice to me! That's never happened. Then I had to take that thought back because I realized I could think of one other person that was relentlessly nice to me growing up. This is for him!

Yes, I said HIM, Today's person of interest is, for the first time, a BOY that I am not related to (I told you yesterday I had WAY more boy friends growing up)! This is a boy I have known since moving (back) to Utah in Jr high. By way of explanation, I went to middle school for 3 years in Colorado while my dad was in law school. I went to the high school prep classes, got all registered for school and was ready to start high school in 9th grade. Then my dad got a job in Utah and we moved back to the land of 7-9 Jr High...I had to go for ANOTHER year.

I was pissed off about that and it caused me to be even more moody than most moody 14-15-year-olds. In SPITE of that there were a few people that took me in, welcomed me to Jr High and were friends. This is one of those few!

This boy and I had Spanish together and he was as sarcastic and funny as I (lucky guy)! So he always kept me entertained!

Through high school, we rolled in different circles, but still had friends in common and we still hung out sometimes. No matter how horrible I was, this guy was always nice, always there to make me laugh and to just be a good friend.

When we hit college, he and I were both accepted at BYU beginning the summer semester. So one party filled week after high school graduation, he and I moved down to Provo where we were in the same "Y Group".  I lived in the housing where I had a kitchen, he did  not, so his parents paid for the fabulous unlimited food plan. He fed me daily, brought me ice cream from the creamery and helped make BYU bearable for me that summer! He also could drive me from Provo to SLC in like 25 minutes (shh,,,don't tell)!

So, for all the rides, laughs and relentless kindness, THANK YOU BEN!!

PS...Just to clarify one point, I did go to BYU for a semester and a half before transferring to the U of U. I am still, and always will be a loyal UTE! :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there friends! Thanks for stopping by. This comment form is YOUR chance to interact on this blog, so have at it! Comment all you want! I LOVE to hear from you!