...And It Might Be!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Spotlight 2: Tyson!


I had a few guesses on Spotlight 2, and they were , once again, all correct! Spotlight 2 is Tyson!!!

Just to remind you of what I said (guessed) about Tyson, here were my spotlight answers:

1. Where did I meet you? My apartment
2. Of all the places you have lived, what is your favorite? Louisiana
3. What is your favorite place to vacation? (Somewhere you have been) California
4. What is your dream vacation spot? The moon...ok, on earth? Brazil
5. Were you named after anyone? Yes (a grandparent I believe)
6. Your favorite color? blue or green
7. Your favorite food? Brazilian BBQ or Paninis
8. Your Favorite Book? Wheel of Time Series
9. Your Favorite Movie? I have no clue...ET?
10. Your Favorite Cereal? Lucky Charms
11. Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Rainbow Sherbet
12. What are some things you enjoy doing? Playing board games, camping, hanging out with family, traveling, studying (hehehe)
13. What color is your car? black...or dark blue (won't I feel silly if it's white)
14. Name a movie or book that best describes you or your life: I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
15. Tell one funny story about you. (I will tell a story at the END of the week)

AND as with the children in primary, Tyson thought I was nuts, and was nice enough to play along and give me the right answers. So, here are Tyson's answers (in his words):


1. Where did I meet you? Your apartment right before Penni and I were going to dinner and a movie. You came with us.
2. Of all the places you have lived, what is your favorite? I like living with Lindsey. Wherever she is that's my favorite.
3. What is your favorite place to vacation? I don't know that I have been on a real live vacation. The closest I get is visiting family. But when I was a kid I really liked California 
4. What is your dream vacation spot? I really want to go to Europe. If the Mediterranean wasn't so embattled right now I'd like to go on a cruise there and stop at ports in Europe, Africa, and The Middle East
5. Were you named after anyone? My middle name is after my Grandpa Nelson
6. Your favorite color? Yellow
7. Your favorite food? Pizza and Brazilian BBQ but I don't have a gallbladder anymore so it really messes with my system
8. Your Favorite Book? The Giving Tree
9. Your Favorite Movie? The Man from Snowy River
10. Your Favorite Cereal? Cinnamon Life
11. Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Peppermint
12. What are some things you enjoy doing? Hunting, Fishing, visiting family (when it isn't too crazy) and watching movies
13. What color is your car? Powder Blue
14. Name a movie or book that best describes you or your life. Right now its Groundhog Day. I've been working 12 hr shifts so I get up go to work come home sleep and do it again and Pauly Shore's In the Army Now even though I am in the Air Force because sometimes its just that ridiculous.
15. Tell one funny story about you. I am curious to see what your story is so I am going to leave this one blank.

So, now to tell you MY stories and thoughts about Tyson! 

Beckee's thoughts and stories about T-Bone:
  • I am glad Tyson brought up that I met him right before he went on a date with my roommate Penni, and that I came with them. Here's how that played out. I came home and they were about to leave. They asked me what I was up to and I had a sad weekend night planned with the TV so Ty said to come along with them. I resisted at first, but Ty insisted. And BOY does he know how to get a girl to go with him. He said something to the effect of "Come on, I will pay-how bad can that be?!"  So, I went. Ty paid for dinner and the movie. Months passed, I started dating his older brother, Wes, who I married. Tyson, to this day says he dated me first-on that one "double date"...Wes calls it a Polyga-date! It is all in good fun though, and Lindsey knows I was just another girl for Ty to tell a funny story about! :) 
  • Tyson is HILARIOUS! Anyone who has not met him is really missing out! And his hilarious-ness began when he was a small child and came through in mischievous ways. My husband is only 1 year and 19 days older than Ty and often Tyson's mischief caused Wes to get in trouble! Like the time Ty thought he could light fire works in the garage from a distance by using a roll of toilet paper unrolled across the house leading to the garage. When it was lit on fire, Wes saw it and tried to put it out. Right about then, their dad came in and just saw Wes playing with fire and Wes got in huge trouble while Tyson hid under the stairs...Oh you little pyro... 
  • Tyson and Wes managed to have lots of crazy adventures and learned to be careful what they name things. How did they learn this? Well when your cat named bullseye gets hit, and your car named the Bomb blows up, you start to wonder...
  • Tyson is absolutely one of my favorite people because he is loving to a fault, always ready and willing to help (like moving us in here with Wes) and he always makes me laugh.
  • A couple last thoughts, first-don't ever beat him at Scrabble (there might be a negative reaction), and I think he meant to say his favorite movie was Showgirls...(hehehe-not really-that's just an inside joke special for Ty and Lindsey! I actually doubt he has ever seen that movie...)
  • Earlier today when I asked Wes what I should say about Ty he said "Make sure to mention that he will take it as far as he needs to to win Lagoon tickets from a radio show." I would re-tell the story, but I am fuzzy on the details-as I recall, Ty tried to win Lagoon tickets on"Mad Monday" by having the worst story and best reason to be mad. So, he fabricated a story that he was really angry because his "fiance" had kissed his brother! As he talked to the radio guys he got more and more into this story and eventually, the radio personalities convinced him that he should call and confront his (non existent) fiance on air. He called Wesley's girlfriend at the time, hoping she would play along...she did not!  And at the end after they hung up, the radio guys said "Wow, we should have saved this story for Freaky Friday!"
I happen to have Tyson's mom here at my house right now and here are a few more note from her:

  • As a child he liked to put stuff in outlets because he said he liked how it felt when he got shocked. Getting shocked was not a deterrent-it encouraged him. Once his dad was working on a light and he got shocked and Tyson laughed his butt off because he had caused the shock by turning the breaker back on...(I, Beckee, guess he was trying to share the favored "shock" with his dad!)
  • He liked to help with the kids. Once when he was 2 he took his newborn sister out of her cradle and was carrying her, nice and tight down the hall to his mom...head down proudly proclaiming "don't worry mom, I got her!"
  • He had an active imagination and at the age of 9 swore up and down that he buzzed the buffaloes on Antelope Island and hovered over the Ferris wheel at Lagoon in his uncle's small plane. 
  • He hates being restrained or having boundaries. Once when he was in a terrible accident and had a head injury, and he was strapped to the cat scan table. He kept demanding the restraints off and when the nurse came to give him a shot and sedate him, Ty (still strapped down) one handed smacked the male nurse into the wall. And all he could think to call this nurse was a piece of hud. SO, Beckee's note-the moral of THAT story is that his can't be held back, is very strong and will call you a piece of hud if you try to get in his way!
On that note, I will just say to you Tyson: Keep it up! Don't let anyone hold you back-keep having fun and making everyone laugh, and THANKS for being you!! You are awesome, and Lindsey, I think I can speak for all those girls he "polyga-dated" or whatever when I say way to go! Nice catch!  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there friends! Thanks for stopping by. This comment form is YOUR chance to interact on this blog, so have at it! Comment all you want! I LOVE to hear from you!