...And It Might Be!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thanks to NICE Bloggers!


Well, this is a little different because I want to talk today about someone that I have never met in person. Someone that I really like and appreciate, but who may not even remember me or know who I am.

First a little background... I run a little blog. Really. In the scheme of things it is a little, insignificant blog that I am pretty sure is only viewed by my friends and a few online friends I have picked up along the journey. There are bloggers with huge followings and awesome blogs, but I am not one of them.

Back when I was getting my little blog started, I read a lot of other blogs to try to figure it all out. I was new to this whole thing and I was lost. I began to interact with some of the bloggers through blog comments and facebook pages. However, as soon as they heard I was starting my own blog, it became a petty competition. I was not trying to step on toes, but they felt I was and instead of helping me, they tried to knock me down. It was frustrating.

At the time, my favorite blog was a GEM called Couponing to Disney. It is still my favorite! It is a big blog, loved by many, and so I was quite sure my email plea to the blog owner, Kristin, would go unread and unanswered. BUT luckily I was wrong! My crazy email, full of "how-to" questions was answered, with detail and follow up! I have NEVER been more grateful in my life! At the point I got her email, I was actually about to give up on the idea of my blog because if all the mean petty bloggers I had been encountering! BUT here was this really big blogger helping me out without pettiness! Just because! Just a random act of kindness to a person she did not even know!

 So, to Kristin at Couponing to Disney I say THANK YOU for being NICE and for helping em out! You really are still my favorite blogger! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beckee - What a super sweet post! I was so glad to help you out. I felt the same way when I started and a blogger bigger than I was reached out and helped me. It's amazing how one person's kindness can start a whole chain of kindness!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there friends! Thanks for stopping by. This comment form is YOUR chance to interact on this blog, so have at it! Comment all you want! I LOVE to hear from you!